In an intercompany scenario wrong Ship-to party is updated on the sales order header.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view,
- Show All Orders and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the sales order).
- Edit the sales order XYZ and select the View All button.
- Select the Document Flow tab, you can find that the sales order is created from the purchase order QRS (QRS represents the ID of the purchase order).
- Go to the Items tab and select the line item, the ship-to party shown for the line item is ABC (ABC is the ID of the ship-to party).
- Go to the General tab, the ship-to party shown is DEF (DEF represents the ID of the ship-to party.
You are expecting that the ship-to ID shown on the sales order header should be same as for the product in the item level.
The designed behavior for the sales order to pick ship-to party at header level is following:
A. If you have defined a default ship-to relationship in the account then the sales order header will pick the ship-to from the relationship section. Follow the steps below to check this configuration:
- Go to the Account Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Search the relevant account.
- Select and Edit the account.
- Go to the Contacts tab and select the Relationships and Responsibilities tab.
- Under the Relationships section you can maintain relationship type as Has Ship-To Party and define a Business Partner, if this is defined then sales order will always pick this Business Partner as ship-to at header level.
B. If the above is not defined then the sales order will pick account ID as ship-to party and address will be picked on basis of the data maintained in the Communications tab of the Account..
There is no other logic for determination of the ship-to party at header level of the sales order.
In general the header ship-to party will be passed at item level too, but at item level users have the flexibility to change the ship-to as there could be a scenario where the shipment need to be sent to different parties for different line items added.
In your scenario the sales order XYZ is created from the purchase order QRS. The purchase order has the Recipient maintained as DEF, which is getting passed at the sales order item level.
You can check the Recipient maintained in the purchase order by following below steps:
- Go to the Purchase Orders work center.
- Search for the purchase order QRS.
- Select and Edit the purchase order QRS.
- Go to the Items tab and select the line item.
- Go to the Delivery subtab.
- The Recipient maintained here is DEF.
Hence in the case of the sales order XYZ the ship-to party at header is populated from the account master data, however, the ship-to party at item level of the sales order is being passed from the preceding purchase order items level.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign system.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To