Two customer invoices created with same seller & buyer party shows different Tax Numbers under the Seller Tax Registration (German Specific Scenario).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Search for the invoices ABC & DEF (ABC & DEF are the IDs of the customer invoice).
- Both the invoices are created for the same seller & buyer party.
- Both seller and buyer are in Germany.
- The Tax Number Type identified for the customer invoice ABC is VAT Registration Number.
- The Tax Number Type identified for the customer invoice DEF is Tax Number.
According to the German tax law, either the VAT Registration Number or Tax Number has to be printed on the customer invoice, so if any one tax type is picked in the invoice then it is fine with Business ByDesign system and German tax law prospective.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To