You are not able to release the Project Invoice Request due to the error message Quantity of project invoice request item XXX is zero. Project invoice request cannot be released. Assign expenses to the invoice item.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Project Invoicing view.
- Go to the Project Invoice Request subview.
- Show Open Project Invoice Requests and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the project invoice request).
- Edit the project invoice request XYZ.
- Error message appears: Quantity of project invoice request item XXX is zero. Project invoice request cannot be released. Assign expenses to the invoice item.
The system gives error of 0 quantity because, there are no actuals recorded against that task or material of the project.
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view and select the Projects subview.
- Show All Projects and Find ABC (ABC is the ID of the project for which project invoice request has been created).
- Edit the project ABC and select Products and Purchasing.
- Select the Product Overview subtab.
- Here Actual Quantity for all the project tasks is 0.
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business ByDesign system. To be able to create a Project Invoice Request for a Project, it is required that the Actual Work recorded should be greater than zero.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To