- Error: "Failed to load database information. The database connector 'crdb_p2snotes.dll' could not be loaded. The correct version of the database client for this database might not be installed"
- When refreshing a report based off a Lotus Notes data source in Crystal Reports, it fails with the error.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2008 and above, open an existing report that was created in an earlier version of Crystal Reports off a native connection to Lotus Notes.
- Refresh the report, and it will display the error:
"Failed to load database information. Details: The database connector crdb_ps2note.dll could not be loaded. The correct version of the database client for this database type might not be installed"
- The Lotus Notes native driver has been deprecated since Crystal Reports 10, and is no longer available from Crystal Reports 2008.
- To connect to Lotus Notes data source, uses an ODBC connection using the IBM Lotus Notes ODBC driver available on IBM website.
- To convert your existing reports, perform a set data source location to an ODBC connection:
- Download the IBM Lotus Notes ODBC driver from the IBM website.
- In MS ODBC Data Source Administrator, create an ODBC DSN to the Lotus Notes data source.
- In Crystal Reports 2008 or above, open the report that was created off the native Lotus Notes driver.
- Under the menu "Database", select "Set Data Source Location"
- In the "Set Datasource Location" window, create a new connection to the Lotus Notes data source using the ODBC DSN connection created in step 2.
- Select the "Current Data Source" connection, and select the ODBC connection to Lotus Notes, and click on the button "Update"
- Click "Close" to accept the change, and save the report. ( You may want to save it under a different name for backup purposes )
Now, you will be able to successfully refresh the report.
- For reference, see the SAP Knowledge Base Articles: 1219188
CR, Lotus Notes Domino, native connection , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016