How to modify the dropdown list for the extension fields?
Reproducing the Issue
Example of an extension field:
On the Supplier screen under the Details section there is a field Goods or Service Provided with dropdown menu options:
- Consulting Services
- Office Suppliers / Equipment
You want to modify this list.
The values in the drop-down list for an extension field can be changed through the following steps:
- Go to the concerned work center.
- Go to concerned view.
- Navigate to the screen where the Extension field is present.
- Select the Adapt button.
- Select the Enter Adaptation Mode option from the drop-down.
- Select the Adapt button again for the Edit Screen option.
For example in the Supplier Base screen:
- Select any Supplier
- Click on View All
- Click on Adapt
- Click on Enter Adaptation Mode
- Click again on Adapt
- Click on Edit Screen
- Click on Sections Enabled for Extension Fields
- Click on details under the head
- Click on List of Fields
- Sselect Goods or Service Provided
- Click on Edit
- A window pops up
Choose the respective language (example English) and then click on Add, choose Value and input the data required to be shown in the drop down.
Once the above steps are followed, click on Save and Publish. Once this is done, the respective value in the dropdown can be seen.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To