MICR fonts appear with black borders with white fonts rather than no borders with black fonts.
- Troy MICR E13B font with a Troy printer.
- The application is using the ReportDocument.PrintToPrinter method
Crystal Reports Developer for Visual Studio Service Pack 5
- This is info from the Troy Printer support group.
- NOTE: This has not been confirmed by SAP Support
- For more info or any issues please contact Troy for full support.
“Read the attached PDF first before you down load the TSM;
Go to this site:
Note: This requires user name and password to access ( Removed by SAP Support )
Download the TSM folder and install.
Please see additional information.
• General installation of the product can be done by following the Users Guide for the TSM. For implementing this as a .NET Workaround, the customer will need to do the following:
1. Make sure that the TSM print queue is installed using the Universal PCL 5 driver.
2. Make sure that both the TSM printer and the other printer's installation DO NOT have any TROY Fonts or Font DIMM's loaded or configured.
3. Setup the MICR line in the Crystal Report using the Comic Sans MS font. Set the font size to 12 and the font spacing to 9. The height of the field will most likely need to be increased if the check is printing the Comic Sans MS font.
4. If the customer has a TROY signature solution, it can be used if it is a 201-210 series font by using the True Type font loaded to the fonts directory. If their signature is already setup this way in their report, it should work properly with no modifications
UPDATE: Solution - Troy had our customer install Troy SecurePort Monitor as a .NET workaround. This appears to work with all the test-cases.
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio, Troy Printer, MICR, fonts , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem