- Constant Filter does not work.
- Dashboard created off BEX query does not filter the data using parameter on BEX query constant filters. The same works fine within BEX Analyzer.
- BI4.0 SP 06
- Dashboard 4.0
- SAP BW
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Dashboard off SAP BEx Query with variables (Constant) to filter data.
- Pass the value from Dashboard to BEx.
- Notice the Dashboard returns unfiltered data.
The Variable configured in Default Values section in BEx Query Designer.
The architecture changed for BI 4.0 products that use Query Panel like Dashboard, Crystal Reports for Enterprise or Web Intelligence. Default values filters are not supported. Other products that do not use Query Panel like Analysis OLAP and Analysis for Office, BEx Analyzer still support Default Values filtering.
Open the Query in BEx Query Designer and move the Variable from "Default" section to to the “Characteristic Restrictions” section
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem