- No images.
- Pictures stored in Informix data source doesn't display on reports.
- No pictures displayed when reporting off an Informix data source in Crystal Reports.
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In MS ODBC Data Source Administrator, create an ODBC connection to an Informix data source using the IBM Informix ODBC driver.
- In Crystal Reports, create an ODBC connection to the Informix data source that contains pictures.
- Add the database field that contains the pictures to the report.
- Refresh the report, and notice there is no pictures displaying on the report.
- No pictures displays on the report because the IBM Informix ODBC driver does not return standard ODBC types by default.
- When connecting to data source via an ODBC connection, Crystal Reports uses standard ODBC calls, and since the data type sent from the IBM Informix ODBC driver is not returning a standard data types, it is then not possible to recognize that the database fields actually contains pictures, and therefore it displays nothing on the report.
- Configure the ODBC DSN defined on the IBM Informix ODBC Driver to use Standard ODBC Types.
- Open the MS ODBC Data Source Administrator ( 32 bit )
- Select the ODBC DSN that connects to the Informix data source using the IBM Informix ODBC driver, and click on the "Configure" button.
- In the "IBM Informix ODBC Driver Setup" window, under the tab "Advanced", check the option:
"Report Standard ODBC Types Only"
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
Now, when refreshing or creating a new report off Informix in Crystal Reports, it will displays pictures.
CR, images, informix, BLOB , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013