You have created a customized data source using FIN data sources. In step 4 of the Report Wizard you are trying to assign a relative selection to a fixed value selection for a fiscal time characteristic such as Fiscal Year. However after confirming this with OK you are receiving a warning message:
Relative selects for fiscal time deleted (no keyfigure group is used)
Also you notice that your changes on this characteristic are gone i.e. the field Value Selection shows the default value again instead of Fixed Value Selection.
Reproducing the Issue
- You go to the Business Analytics work center.
- You go to the Design Reports view.
- Mark the report which was built on the joined data source and click on Edit With Report Wizard.
- Proceed to step 4.
- For the Fiscal Year attribute select Value Selection = Fixed Value Selection.
- Click on button Set Fixed Value Selection.
- For the Fiscal Year attribute click on More and choose Relative Select = last 2 fiscal years.
- Click OK, and then OK again.
You will get the warning message Relative selects for fiscal time deleted (no keyfigure group is used).
Also the value selection for Fiscal Year is reverted from Fixed Value Selection to No Value Selection.
This happens because relative selections require specific coding exits (e.g. for the determination of applicable fiscal year variant) which are only available on SAP delivered key figure structures. These key figure structures are only available on SAP delivered standard data sources.
You cannot use relative selections for fiscal time characteristics (fiscal year, quarter, etc) on customized data sources.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To