On attempting to create new invoices via Microsoft Excel, the system throws an error message: Error : Duplicate entry. Fix errors and submit data again.
The new invoice is consequently not created in the system as expected.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- In the Invoice Entry view.
- Press New > Import from Microsoft Excel.
- Logon in the system using the SAP Add-In.
- Fill the Supplier Invoice Header and the Supplier Invoice Lines.
- Press Save Data To.
- The error Error : Duplicate entry. Fix errors and submit data again is shown
The problem is caused by the fact that the upload template can only be used once.
If it is reused, even if the visible data is deleted, some hidden fields still contain references to the previous upload and the system will throw the duplicate error.
Simplest solution is to use a fresh template every time and not reuse the template after it was used to upload invoices before.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To