- Error: "The value is not valid"
- Have to enter a value for an optional parameter.
- It was possible to not enter a value for an optional parameter before applying a product update.
- When being prompted by an optional range parameter in Crystal Reports, and not entering any values, get an error message.
- Crystal Reports 2008 with Service Pack 4 and above.
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2008 with Service Pack 4 and above, create a report off any data source using at least one table.
- Create a dynamic optional range parameter of data type: String.
- Add the parameter to the report, by dragging the report to any sections of the report, or use it to filter the data in the Record Selection Formula.
- Refresh the report.
- When prompted by the optional range parameter, do not enter any value, and click "OK"
It will display the message: "The value is not valid"
Since it is an optional parameter, the expectation is to have the option to not supply a value.
- This issue occurs only with dynamic optional range parameter of data type: String, after applying Service Pack 4.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01696337
- The issue is resolved in the following product update of Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 5.6
- The issue is planned to be resolved in the following future product update of Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 6.3
- Service Pack 7
CR, parameter, prompt, optional , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1