- Missing decimals.
- Decimals precision is different in Crystal Reports versus what is seen in BEx Analyzer.
- When reporting off an SAP BW BEx Query, the Calculated Key Figures does not show the same level of precision in Crystal Reports than in the BEx Analyzer.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In BEx Query Designer, create an SAP BW BEx Query with a Calculated Key figure formatted to display 2 decimals.
- In BEx Analyzer, open the BEx Query, it will display 2 decimals in the initial view since it is formatted to do so in the BEx Query, but when looking at the exact values of the Calculated Key Figure, it will display more than 2 decimals.
In the example below the value is: 52.4304
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the SAP BW BEx Query with the Calculated Key Figure.
- Format the Calculated Key Figure to display more than 2 decimals.
- Notice it doesn’t show the same level of precision as in BEx Analyzer. It only shows the formatted value, and not the real value behind.
In the example below, it shows the value 52.4300, despite the exact value displayed in BEx Analyzer is: 52.4304
- The reason it is missing the level of precision for Calculated Key Figure, it's because Crystal Reports uses the MDX BAPI technology to communicate with SAP BW BEx Query, and the MDX BAPI call is returning the formatted value only for Calculated Key Figure, therefore Crystal Reports works has expected.
- To have a higher level of precision, modify the Calculated Key Figure in the BEx Query to display a greater number of decimals:
- In BEx Query Designer, open the SAP BW BEx Query that contains the calculated key figure.
- Under the Columns, select the Calculated Key Figures.
- In the "Properties" pane on the left side, under the tab "Display", increase the number of decimals to more than 2 decimals.
- Save the BEx Query.
- Now, when reporting off the SAP BW BEx Query in Crystal Reports, it will show a greater prevision level for the Calculate Key Figure.
CR, missing values, missing precision, BEX Query , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016