Invoice is not getting posted due to error message" Total gross amount less than total down payment request amount". How to remove down payment from the invoice and post the invoice.
Down payment (already paid) will remain as an open item in the system unless it is being adjusted with the invoice. For example you have down payment 1000 USD and you want to post a invoice of 2000 USD. In this case system will automatically add the down payment while posting the invoice amount of 2000 USD and your final amount of Invoice (Applied amount) amount will be 1000 USD as Down payment is already been added to invoice. In case invoice is lesser amount than the down payment then system will not allow to post invoice unless you remove the down payment (s) from the invoice.
In order to remove the Down payment from the invoice from the supplier invoice follow these steps:
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the view Invoice Entry.
- Select the option All Orders to Be Invoiced in the Show field and give your desired document ID in the Find field and click on Go button.
- Select your document to be invoiced and click on New Invoice.
- New Invoice document window will open and click on Save option.
- After the document get save and click on the General- tab of the invoice and then click on the Payment Information and click again on the Down Payments.
- You can view that system has automatically added down payment against that invoice and select your Down Payment ID and click on Remove button and then post the invoice.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To