The sales order uploaded via excel is inconsistent.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales orders view.
- Select the New button and choose Sales Order from Microsoft Excel®.
- Add mandatory details in the excel with:
- Product as ABC (ABC represents the ID of the product).
- Quantity as XXX (XXX represents the value of quantity).
- UOM as XYZ (XYZ is the Unit of Measure of the quantity).
- Error: Item : Distribution channel or sales organization missing
- Error: XXX is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value.
- The quantity selected for the product is zero.
You have not set the master data correctly due to which system is not able to recognize the Sales Unit, Distribution Channel, Minimum Order Quantity and Unit of Measure (UOM).
- No Organizational Work distribution rule is defined, hence after the upload of sales order, the sales order cannot pick the sales unit and result in error on product.
- No Quantity Conversion defined for the product.
- No Minimum Order Quantity is defined for the product.
You can set up the automatic determination of Sales Unit and Distribution Channel in the sales order by following below steps:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to the Work Distribution view -> Organizational Work Distribution subview.
- Select Sales Unit for Sales under Business Area: Sales and Marketing.
- Edit the Sales Unit for Sales option.
- Select the Add Rule option.
- You can add the rule depending upon your business requirement. This rule ensures automatic determination of sales unit in sales documents.
Follow the steps below to add Quantity Conversion and Minimum Order Quantity in the product.
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Products view.
- Search for the product ABC (ABC represents the ID of the product).
- Select the product ABC and choose Edit button.
- Select the View All button and go to the General tab.
- Add the quantity conversion (standard to XXX).
- Go to the Sales tab.
- Add the Minimum Order Quantity (this will ensure that quantity is not picked as 0 in the sales order).
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To