The field calculation for the total net value of all purchase requests is not working.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Go to the Purchase Requests view
- Click on Show > All Purchase Requests and Go
- Scroll down to the last results
- Verify that the sum for Open Quantity is working, but the sum for Net Value is blank
- Click on Personalize > This Screen
- Click on Configure Calculations
- Verify that the calculation is correctly configured for both Open Quantity and Net Value
The reason why the sum of net values for Purchase Requests is not displayed is due to the way the system was designed for this type of document. More precisely, the currency value of a Purchase Request is stored in two fields of an item: Net Amount and Limit. The field Net Value on the Purchase Request listing is then a collection of the contents of both fields at item level. The value displayed by the system is determined by a display rule; i.e., either the Net Amount is to be displayed, or the Limit amount. Since two fields are involved for Purchase Requests, the value is not displayed, as the Configure Calculation doesn't yield any response for this column.
The system is working according to its intended design. You can verify that the Net Value sum works correctly in the Purchase Order listing, for example, because in that case only one field is mapped for this column (Total Net Amount).
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To