You have created a tax code of your own and while creating a new customs invoice document with tax code which you have created, system throws the error message :
Tax code not valid for product tax on import
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Select the New Customs Invoice hyperlink under the Common Tasks.
- In the opened window fill in the required fields and select the View All button.
- Go to the Items tab, select Add Row button enter the description, the tax code which you have created.
- Select the Check button, system throws the error message.
In the current release of SAP Business ByDesign system, it is not possible to use the customized tax code in the Customs Invoice document. However, if you want to change the tax rate then it is possible to do so. You can change the tax rates in the fine tune activity Tax on Goods and Services -> Tax rate Schedules in Business Configuration work center.
Note : If you have defined the tax rates with the same tax type then the system will pick the tax rate which has been created recently i.e. if you have two tax rates A created on 01.01.2013 and created B created on 01.05.2013 then the system will pick the tax rate maintained for B.
KBA , customs invoice , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To