You want to enable business users to be notified by e-mail about new Business Task Management items but E-mail Channel option is Greyed out.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home work center.
- Select Inbox view under Work section.
- Click on Subscribe to Tasks. The Task Subscriptions screen will be opened.
- The checkboxes under E-mail column are grayed out and you cannot select them.
This can be caused by 2 reasons , The Task Notification Using E-mail Channel option is not enabled in the Project Scope or the In-House Communication E-mail has not been added to the business user(Employee/Service Agent).
- On the Implementation Projects view of the Business Configuration work center, click New to create a new change project. To edit the scope of a project created previously, select the project and click Edit Project Scope. The New Change Project or Edit Change Project guided activity is displayed.
- Go to Questions step.
- Expand Communication and Information Exchange and then Business Process Management options.
- Select Business Task Management option.
- Check Yes for the following question:
Do you want to use e-mail to notify business users about Business Task Management items?
- Go to Review step and then click Finish.
Case 2(Service Agent):
- Go to Work center Business Partner Data.
- Choose view Service Agents.
- Choose the desired service agent.
- Choose General under Edit button.
- Click on link Copy Address under In-House Address.
- Allocate the desired address to the service agent once you allocate the In-House Address the field E-mail will be enabled under In-House Communication.
- Enter the In-House Communication details, such as E-mail etc.
- Review the details and click Save to save the details.
- Go to the Personnel Administration work center.
- Go to the Regular Tasks view.
- Under Personal Changes, select Change Workplace Contact Data.
- Enter your employee id in the field Employee.
- You can maintain your email address here.
- This will reflect under Home work center, Edit my contact data subview.
KBA , maintain a valid e-mail address in emplo , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To