When you are migrating Product Category Hierarchy, Import Simulation keep showing 25% progress even after a hour.
SAP Business ByDesign, SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Product Category Hierarchy
- Select Migrate product category hierarchy using the migration tool
- Upload the Migration File
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records
The cause for the issue could be:
1. The data of Product Hierarchy in template lead to endless loop.
2. ROOT may not be entered in the template since the node ROOT will be created by the system automatically.
Report an incident to SAP with your approval to Cancel the stuck Product Category Hierarchy migration.
Thereafter, correct the data in the Migration Template for Product Category Hierarchy as below and Execute the Migration.
1. Product Category ID is a key field and is recommended not to maintain the key field values as 0.
In the backend while processing the data, the Data conversions will happen, during which 0 will be considered as a NULL value. Due to this, many inconsistencies would occur in further usages of this field.
2. Product Category IDs should be created as parent itself on the first level, that means the field Parent Product Category ID must be initial and may not be filled with its own Product Category ID.
For Example, your root hierarchy is Product Category ID 1 then the information in the Template should be filled as Product Category ID: 1 and Parent Product Category ID should left empty.
3. If you are creating a Product Category A which is the child of Root then do not enter any value in the Parent Product Category ID.
4. If you are creating a Product Category X which is a child of another Product Category Y then make sure that Product Category Y is already entered in the Template.
5. If you are creating a Product Category X which is a child of another Product Category Y then that ID Y should be maintained in the field Parent Product Category ID.
Product Category Hierarchy, Product Category ID, Parent Product Category ID. , KBA , product category hierarchy , inbound message processing failed , migration stuck , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To