When you are migrating Product Category Hierarchy, Import Simulation keep showing 25% progress even after a hour.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the activity Migration of Product Category Hierarchy.
- Execute the Migration file.
The cause for the issue could be,
- The data of product hierarchy in template lead to endless loop.
- ROOT may not be entered in the template since the node ROOT will be created by the system automatically.
- Product Category IDs should be created as parent itself on the first level, that means the field Parent Product Category ID must be initial and may not be filled with its own Product Category ID. For Example, your root hierarchy is Product Category ID 1 then the information in the Template should be filled as Product Category ID: 1 and Parent Product Category ID should left empty.
- If you are creating a Product Category A which is the child of Root then do not enter any value in the Parent Product Category ID.
- If you are creating a Product Category X which is a child of another Product Category Y then make sure that Product Category Y is already entered in the Template.
- if you are creating a Product Category X which is a child of another Product Category Y then that ID Y should be maintained in the field Parent Product Category ID.
Please reported an Incident to SAP with your approval to cancel the Stuck Product Category Hierarchy migration.
Then you can correct the data in the Migration Template for Product Category Hierarchy as above and Execute the Migration.
KBA , migration stuck , product category hierarchy , inbound message processing failed , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To