You want to invoice a purchase order listed in the query All Orders to Be Invoiced in the Invoice Entry screen. However you cannot post the supplier invoice due to the error: Item 1: Posting not possible; referenced purchase order XYZ in supplier invoice contains values that are in approval. You have an exception of type Other Exceptions with status To Be Processed that you cannot accept.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Supplier Invoicing.
- Go to the view Invoice Entry.
- Choose Show: All Orders to Be Invoiced.
- Mark the Order ID and choose New Invoice.
- You get the error: Item X: Posting not possible; referenced purchase order XYZ in supplier invoice contains values that are in approval.
The purchase order has initially been sent out to the supplier (after approval or not) and has been populated in the query Show: All Orders to Be Invoiced. Afterward changes have been done on the order (Quantity, Price, Cost Assignment, Delivery Address, etc...) so that the order has been forwarded for approval (or re-approval).
You need to wait for the Purchase Order to be approved before proceeding with invoicing.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To