After entering the Quantity for the line items and saving a sales document the following error message occurs:
Item XX: Quantity 0,00 ea has too many decimals; only 0 decimal(s) permitted.
Reproducing the Issue
We will use Service Order as example.
- Go to the Service Orders work center.
- Choose the Service Orders Processing view.
- Show All Service Orders and click the Go button.
- Choose service order ABC (ABC represents the service order number).
- Click the Edit button.
- Click the View all button.
- Select the Services and Spare Parts tab.
- Select the Add Row button and enter product EFG (EFG represenst the product number).
- Enter 1,23 in the Quantity field (1,23 represents the Quantity).
- Click the Save button.
- When saving Service Order ABC error message occurs: Item XX: Quantity 1,23 ea has too many decimals; only 0 decimal(s) permitted (XX represents the line item numer).
The error message occurs because the field Display Decimals of the Trading Unit of Measure activity is not maintained in Fine Tuning and you have used the decimal 1,23.
A Trading Unit of Measure is a quantity that you can define to simplify business processes. Examples would be Crate, Box, and Each.
This is the expected system behaviour.
To maintain the field Display Decimals of the Trading Unit of Measure activity you can use the following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Choose the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your implementation project from the list.
- Click the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine –Tune tab.
- Show All Activities and click the Go button.
- Select the Quantities and Units of Measure activity.
- Click the Open button.
- Select the Create and Maintain Trading Units hyperlink.
- Select the Line Item containing your Unit. (Ea in our example).
- Maintain the respective decimals in the field of the column Display decimals.
- Save changes.
Error message doesn't occur when saving.
KBA , AP-SVO , Service Order Processing , How To