Requirement: The customer wants to create a new Org Unit in between two levels in an existing Org Structure.
To understand the requirement better, consider the following scenario:
In an existing Org Structure, Org Unit A has units B and C immediately under it. The requirement is to have a new Org Unit, say D, such that D falls under A and in turn B and C fall under D.
The approach to address the requirement will be to temporarily move the sub org units B and C to a position under another org unit. Then, create the unit D under A. Subsequently the two shifted org units can be bought below the new org unit, D.
The steps to achieve the scenario will be as follows:
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select Common Task: Edit Org Structures.
- Select the date in the Effective From field from which date the changes are to be active in the system.
- Select the relevant Org Unit that needs to be moved, in this case B.
- Select the small arrow (bottom-right) of the selected Org Unit to open its menu, select Edit Org Unit option, and select Cut.
- Highlight the target root Org Unit[tentative], where the Org unit can be placed.
- Select the arrow in the target Org Unit to open its menu, select Edit Org Unit option, and select Paste. The Org Unit moves to the target Org Unit. [Repeat steps 5 thru 7 for Org Unit C as well]
- Now, select the root org unit, A and Select the New button.
- From the drop down list, select Org Unit.
- Enter the new Org unit ID as D.
- Now, repeat the steps 5 through 7, in a reverse fashion to bring back the two shifted org units under the newly created one.
- Select the org unit A.
- Use the Check button to validate the Org Structure.
- Select Activate button to activate the changes.
Note: If the Check for Inconsistencies in the org structures is to throw any vetoerror, please note that you can look for existing solutions or workarounds Case Document yourself. To do so:
- Select the Solution Search button from any Incident window. The Solution Search window opens.
- Enter key terms from the error messages and select Go.
- Check the displayed results and refine your search if necessary
If no relevant case documents are found, kindly create a new incident from the same screen where the error occurs, so that Support can investigate into it's cause.
KBA , org unit , org unit between two levels , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To