You open a custom or standard report based on the data source Customer Projects (PROCPIU02) and notice that some projects are not shown in the report although they are available in the system.
For example, when you check the Project Management Object Work-list (OWL) you can see the project.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report based on the Customer Projects (PROCPIU02) data source.
- From the selection screen enter the desired project for the Project field (either directly or via the value help).
- Select Go.
- You noticed that the desired project is not shown and the following message is shown:
- No report data available to display; check variables
The system behavior is as designed.
The Customer Projects (PROCPIU02) data source has some restrictions and is built on top of multiple data sources which may affect the result of the report (what is shown and what not).
In this case the report did not show the projects which did not have a released sales order linked to it.
You can check this as follow:
- Navigate to the desired project or select it from the Project Management work center then Projects view.
- Open the project and select View All.
- Go to Sales Tracking tab.
- From the list you can see if a sales order was created and the status.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To