- Text repeating.
- The last couple of lines of text is duplicated at the top of the next page.
- In Crystal Reports, when viewing a report that contains a large text object that span over multiple pages, the last few lines of text of one page, repeats on the next page.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add a Text Object to the Report Footer section that contains text that span over more than a page.
- Conditionally suppress the Page Header section to not print the Page Header section when the Text Object prints.
- When viewing the report, the last couple of lines of text of the previous pages, appears at the top of the next page.
In the example below, the last 4 lines of text repeats on top of the next page. The number of lines varies, this is just an example.
Bottom of page 2:
Top of page 3 of the report.
- This issue occurs due to the conditional suppression of the Page Header section that is based on the page number or total page count of the report.
- When suppressing a section based on the page number or total page count of the report, it will be affecting the page number as well as the total page count, and therefore causing side effect of displaying the same information twice on the report. Product developers confirmed this is not a product defect, but an incorrect design of the report. A warning will be displayed when designing a conditional suppression of the section in future release of the product to warn the report designer of this type of the improper use of the total page or total page count functions.
- Do not use the functions: TotalPageCount, or PageNumber to conditionnaly suppress a section.
- Instead, remove the conditional suppression on the Page Header section, and conditionally suppress each object found in the Page Header section. It will reserve a blank space at the top of each page for the Page Header, but will not repeat the last few line of text of the previous page.
Text repeating, duplicate text, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016