You notice that the field 'Payment Reference Number' when creating a new Supplier Invoice is limited to 30 characters only. The error message "Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 30 characters." appears.
However, you may want to enter a Payment Reference Number with more than 30 characters e.g. including spaces in order for it to be readable by a reader device.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks view.
- Select the New Invoice Without Purchase Order sub view.
- Enter a value into the Payment Reference Number field with more than 30 characters (spaces included).
- The system issues the following error message: Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 30 characters.
The maximal length of the ISR payment reference number is 27 characters. Currently it is not possible to enter a value into the payment reference number field with more than 30 characters (spaces included).
If you want to scan the Payment Reference Number we suggest you to use the machine readable coding line, between the characters ">" and "+" at the bottom of the payment slip.
KBA , zahlungsschein , zahlungsreferenznummer , digits , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To