The Migration does not display rounded off values in case of adapted migration templates with Extension Fields. It is expected to round-off the values of extension fields according to the specification of decimal places.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Find and Open any of the Migration Activities.
- Choose to Migrate using the migration tool.
- Upload a populated migration template.
- In the details section below, navigate to a tab that contains an Extension Field.
You will observe the value maintained for that particular field, in the Formula Bar of Microsoft Excel is seen to be rounded off as per the specification provided for the extension field, in the spreadsheet. But however, when previewing it in the migration tool, the original value is displayed rather than it's rounded off form.
The system is behaving according to its design. The migration tool has been configured to display the original value without rounding-off.
You can go ahead with the migration as the value reflected in the system will also, as in the spreadsheet, be rounded-off to the precision specified for the particular field.
KBA , decimal , extension field , round off , precision , migration tool , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To