While performing the Material Cost Estimate Run, the valuation quantity for the input materials gets rounded to the nearest whole number value; though in the Production Bills of Material you have maintained the values for the input material in decimals.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to the Material Cost Estimate view.
- In the Show field, select All Cost Estimates from drop down and search for the respective Material ID for which you want to see the cost estimation.
- Select the Edit button, in the opened window go to the Input Materials tab under Details section.
- You can see that valuation quantity for the input Material ID has been rounded to the nearest whole number.
In the Material Cost Estimates Fine Tuning activity, as you have selected the check box for the cost type Estimated Cost, system was rounding the values to nearest whole number while performing material cost estimate run.
Note : In general, whenever you do the Material Cost Estimate for any material in the system it takes the quantity value which has been defined for the Input Materials in the Production Bills of Material.
You can avoid the quantity rounding using the following steps :
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Project view.
- Choose the respective project and select Edit project scope button.
- In the opened window go to Fine Tune step.
- Search for Material Cost Estimate fine tune activity and select Open button.
- Select the Material Cost Estimate cost type and uncheck the box for Quantity Rounding and perform Save.
KBA , material cost estimate rounding , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To