The IOMS installation will not complete successfully to sites that are hosted on drives other than C.
- Product Version on server: BI 4.0
- Product Patches installed on server: SP02, SP04, SP05, SP06
- OS on server: Windows Server
- Application Server: IIS
- Sharepoint 2010
Reproducing the Issue
Attempt to install IOMS to a drive other than C on a BI4 installation.
There is a bug in the installer preventing the install to other drives.
This has been replicated and sent to our Developers for a fix. Target is Sp08 - tracked in ADAPT01694305.
1. Use a dedicated installation that is installed on the C drive only--this will bypass the installation problem that's currently being experienced.
2. Use a junction point on drive C that points to another drive to host the installed files/sites
- Junction points are only usable on NTFS file systems
- external WIKI article regarding the use of Junction points
- Please ensure you consult your system administrator for assistance
sharepoint ioms bi4 businessobjects businessintelligence portal integration installation , KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , SBOP Web Application Deployment, Wdeploy , Problem