You receive an error when trying to define a new tax code for purchases with service tax for India: New tax code entry for country IN is not allowed.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the implementation project and click on Open Activity List.
- Open activity Tax on Goods and Services.
- Click on Define Tax Codes.
- Click on Add Row and add a new tax code for country IN.
- Choose Save.
- Error: New tax code entry XX for country IN is not allowed is displayed.
For India, you are not allowed to specify the service tax code.
Please search the Help Center in your system for the article Simplified Tax Codes, which explains the functionality further.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To