During the Step 4 (Simulate Import) of Open Items Payables migration, system throws below error message:
Service call failed. Report an incident
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Highlight the Project and select Open Activity List button.
- Go to Integrate and Extend phase.
- Search and open Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity.
- After validation of Open Items Payable, during Simulate Import
The cause for the issue might be because of the taxes, you are migrating with the invoice XYZ. You are migrating deferred taxes that refer only to part of the invoice amount.
Unfortunately Business ByDesign only supports either migrating no taxes at all for an open item or migrating all taxes for an open item. So you would need to additionally migrate the non-deferred part of the taxes related to this invoice.
If above is not the cause for the issue, please report an incident.
The system works as designed.
The error message is not helpful in this situation and we are working on to improving this.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To