You cannot define the valuation master data for individual product specifications.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center, and choose the Master Data view.
- Select the Materials subview.
- Show All Materials, and select the line with Material ID being XYZ, and Business Residence being ABC.
- Press Maintain Valuation Data.
- Under Valuation Level: Business Residence - Product Specification.
- Add Row and maintain Product Specification DEF.
You get the following error message: Valuation level not possible for material XYZ and product specification DEF.
For the combination of Material XYZ and Product Specification DEF, there are already Identified Stocks created. All Identified Stocks are valuated on level Business Residence. It can be checked in Planning and Production Master Data Work Center.
The rule is that once a Product Specification is valuated on Business Residence level, it must remain being valuated on Business Residence level. Therefore for combination of Material XYZ and Product Specification DEF, if you want to valuate it on Product Specification level, you get the error message mentioned above.
KBA , business residence - product specificati , product specification , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To