You create a Journal entry voucher via manual migration.
For a certain line item you do not maintain a partner company.
But when posting or when simulating the posting of the Journal Entry Voucher you notice that the system automatically derived a partner company for this line item.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Business Configuration workcenter navigate to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the currect project and open the Activity list.
- Navigate to the Integrate and Extend phase and open the Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity.
- In the new screen choose the Manually enter G/L Account Balances link.
- Maintain all the mandatory data and then maintain the line items.
- For some line items you maintain a partner company and for others you don't.
- In order to check if the posting will be correct press Simulate; Or press Post straight away.
- You notice that for some line items for which you did not maintain a partner company the system derived a partner company in the simulation/posting.
This issue occurs in Journal Entry Vouchers (Migration) if for the maintained general ledger account the Open Item Management is selected
This is expected system behaviour.
However, the following workaround can be used: You need to deactivate the open item management for the G/L accounts for which you don't want to select a partner company. After the posting you can activate the open item management again:
- In the Business Configuration workcenter navigate to the Implementation Projects view, select the current project and open the Activity List.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune phase and open the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination (if your system is live already navigate to the Business Configuration Overview. Search for the mentioned fine-tune activty and press Change immediately).
- In the new screen under Chart of Accounts click on the link Edit chart of accounts.
- Select the respective chart of accounts.
- Filter for the g/l account for which you don't want to maintain a partner company in the journal entry voucher.
- Now untick the box in the Open-Item-Management column.
- Proceed like this for all g/l accounts for which you don't want to maintain a partner company in the journal entry voucher posting.
- Save the changes.
- Now post your journal entry voucher. After this change the system did not derive a partner company for the line items for which you did not maintain a partner company.
- After this go back to the chart of accounts activity and tick the Open-Item-Management box again.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To