You are trying to manually release a Purchase Proposal but the action fails with the error: Release failed for proposal X; PRS usage in SRM not configured in BC.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supply Planning work center.
- Create a New Planning Proposal selecting a product with specification.
- Choose Save then Release.
- Error occurs and you cannot release the Proposal into a Purchase Request.
The error refers to the configuration of Product Specification for SRM in Business Configuration. PRS ("Purchase Requirement Specification") is not scoped.
Product Specification must be enabled. This is actually found under the Sales Scoping element. To enable it:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to view Implementation Projects.
- Select the title First Implementation and click on Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to step 3 - Scoping.
- Under Scoping Element, go to Sales and expand.
- Select the option Product and Service Portfolio for Sales.
- Select the option Sell Specified Products and confirm the changes.
KBA , AP-SDM , Supply and Demand Matching , How To