You have observed that there is some changes in the Material Valuation Cost but the changes history of the Material doesn't show any changes.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Data work center.
- Select Materials view.
- Search and Edit the Material.
- Go to Changes tab.
In the Changes tab of the Material, you can find the changes of Cost Rate if the changes are performed in the Materials. But there is other way to update the Cost Rate of the Material through Inventory Valuation.
The steps are as follows,
1. Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
2. Select Material Unit Costs sub view under Master Data view.
3. Select All Unit Costs and search for the Material.
4. Highlight the material ID with the respective Business Residence ID/Company.
5. Select View Cost History button.
6. You will be able to view all the change documents.
KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To