Error occurs while trying to change the Quantity Conversion Rule of the product Changing the Changing the conversion not possible; it is used by one or more open customer quotes, demand plans, inbound deliveries, internal requests, items to be invoiced, projects, purchase orders, purchase requests, purchasing contracts, sales orders, source documents (General Ledger), source documents for supplier invoices, stock
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Search for the product GHI (GHI represents the product ID).
- Edit the product and go to the General tab.
- Try to change the quantity conversion rule maintained.
- Error occurs: Changing the conversion not possible; it is used by one or more open items to be invoiced.
This error is valid, you are not allowed to change the rule if it is getting used in any of the business document available in the system.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign system.
Also changing the rule of conversion in the backend is not recommended as it would lead to an incompatible change. This rule may be used by multiple documents, hence changing the quantity conversion will lead to inconsistency in those documents.
KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To