In an expense report you split the costs to two cost centers. But when you try to save the expense report, the system may throw the error message:
Multiple cost assignments are not allowed in your company code.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel & Expenses work center.
- Select the Claim Travel Expenses button to create an expense report.
- Select the Split Costs link to assign the costs to two cost centers.
- System may throw the above error message when you try to save the report.
The error message is valid. You cannot split the costs in expense report because of the Integration Configuration setting on your company code.
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Select the Integration Configuration view.
- Select the line of your company code. You can see in Integration Type it is set as 4 - FI Integration using XLS File Download.
- This type means no data will be transferred automatically to the FI system. You have to download files manually from the Postings work center. When a company code is set with this type, the system does not allow cost split in expense reports posted to the cost objects of this company code.
- You have to change the setting of Integration Type of your company code if you want the cost split in expense reports.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To