SAP Business ByDesign offers various migration templates that allows you to import the data in to the system, You have created extension fields and published it in the screen. Then you want to import the data into system by using the data migration tool. Normally system will automatically adapt the changes in to the migration template. But in some cases when you download the Migration template, the extension fields are not included. You are not able to upload the data with the newly added extension fields.
Case 1: Automatic updation of extension fields in the migration template.
When you open the migration activity, system shows a pop up with the below information.
There are new field extensions available. Your migration object will be adapted automatically.
Select Ok to adapt the migration object.
Case 2: To update the extension fields in the migration template manually, please follow the below steps
- Go to Work Center Business Configuration.
- Go to View Implementation Project.
- Select First Implementation project and select button Open Activity List.
- Select Integrate and Extend phase.
- Select a Data Migration activity for e.g. Migration of Materials.
- In the new window, select the link Migrate materials using the migration tool.
- In the Migration tool, Select You Can Also option located in the top right corner.
- Click Adapt Migration Object to update the changes in the migration xml file.
- If you made any field extensions on related work center views, for example, the source file may have become invalid. With this function, columns are removed or added to the uploaded source file automatically. Then check if you want to update your source data according to the new structure.
- Use the option Download Migration Template to get the updated xml file.
KBA , SRD-CC-MAN-KPI , C4C, ByD, Travel:Key Performance Indicator Monitor , How To