Text box created in Crystal Reports 2008 using Arial Narrow font will break in different character in the client computer and InfoView. For example:
- BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP5
- Unix operating system
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a report in Crystal Reports 2008
- Use a text box that force the text to break to the next line
- Export it to InfoView
- The character break will be different in InfoView
- Crystal Reports servers use the DPI to calculate the character width.
- On windows the default DPI setting is always 96 while on Unix it is 300 which is from the system default printer.
- Therefore the character width is different on Windows and UNIX and the line will break in a different character.
The words breaks to different line on Windows and UNIX. This is by design.
KBA , BI-BIP-CRS , SAP Crystal Reports Server , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security & CrystalReports viewing in BI platform , Problem