How to define party roles for Leads and Opportunities.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Marketing work center.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Show All Leads and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the lead).
- Edit the lead XYZ.
- Select the View All button and go to the Involved Parties tab.
- Select the drop down for the Party Role.
You want to add the customized party roles here.
The customized party roles can be added in the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the button Open Activity List.
- Search for the activity Lead and Opportunity.
- Open both the activities.
- You can find Maintain Involved Parties link where determination of parties can be maintained.
Also Sales Unit party determination depends upon the work distribution rule maintained in the Business ByDesign system:
- Go to the Org Management work center.
- Select the Work Distribution view.
- Select the Organizational Work Distribution subview.
- For Sales (Opportunity, Sales Order): Define rule under Sales Unit for Sales and for Leads: Define rule under Marketing Unit for Leads.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To