Error Message: Only cost/expense account permitted with assignment to cost center for all records pertaining to GL account during import simulation of G/L account balances.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project.
- Select the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to Integrate and Extend tab.
- Find activity Migration of Accounting Transaction Data.
- Select the hyperlink to Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Upload the loaded template.
- Select the Execute Migration button.
Issue is caused because the account XYZ is not of type COSEXP - Costs or expenses.
Ideally, for an account to post to a Cost Center, it has to be a cost account.
To resolve this issue, kindly perform the below steps:
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to General Ledger Accounts view.
- Select Advanced search.
- Choose Company and Set of Books before you query the list.
- Select G/L Account XYZ.
- Select Edit and then Chart of Accounts.
- In the details table find XYZ.
- Change the G/L account type to COSEXP(Cost or Expenses)
- Save and Close.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To