When you try upload Contacts using MS Excel, system throw below error message:
Academic Title XYZ is not Available
The 'AcademicTitleCode' element is invalid. The value XYZ is invalid according to its datatype. The actual length is greater than the MaxLength value
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Account Management work center.
- Select Contacts view.
- Select New button and choose Contacts from Microsoft Excel®.
- Enter the details and upload using SAP Excel Add-in
The cause for the exception or above error messages while uploading the Contacts through MS Excel is that, for the Columns Title or Academic Title, the values are provided on your own instead of choosing it from the drop down.
To resolve the issue, there are two possible options:
1. Select the values from the drop down for these two fields.
Example 1: When you select the drop down for Title, you can find 2 options 0002 - Mr. and 0001 - Ms.. These two are the valid options.
Example 2: When you select the drop down for Academic Title, you can field 6 options 0003 - Prof. Dr., 0006 - Ph.D., 0004 - B.A., 0002 - Prof., 0001 - Dr. and 0005 - MBA. These six are the valid options.
2. You can create new values for these fields in the system and then the values can be selected in the excel for the Contacts and the excel can be uploaded into your system.
The steps are,
a. Go to Business Configuration work center.
b. Go to Implementation Projects view or Overview view.
c. Search and Open the activity General Business Partners.
d. Select Maintain Academic Titles link, where you can add new Academic Titles.
e. Select Maintain Titles link, where you can add new Titles.
f. Now, export the excel for Contacts and maintain the data.
g. Upload the excel (Save Data To) into the system.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To