- When running Update Objects, after upgrading a CMS system database to version 3.1, the SvcMgr.exe process increases until the process crashes, failing with the following error message:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- Central Configuration Manager > Update Objects process, following migration of a CMS system database from a previous version
Reproducing the Issue
- Use the Central Configuration Manager to upgrade a CMS system database from a previous version, for example XI R2.
- Run the Update Objects process, and note that it (correctly) identifies a very large number of objects to be updated, for example 1 million.
- After clicking Update, the process runs for some time, and eventually fails with the aforementioned error.
- This issue was been identified as a possible product defect and tracked as ADAPT01685522.
- A resolution via patch was not pursued.
- The issue may be worked around by migrating content using the Import Wizard, or by reducing the number of objects in the system then migrating / running Update Objects again.
xi3 xi3.1 updateobjects ccm ADAPT01685522 ADAPT 01685522 1685522 ADAPT01685523 , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security & CrystalReports viewing in BI platform , BI-BIP-CRS , SAP Crystal Reports Server , Bug Filed