- Fail to connect to Salesforce.com
- When attempting to logon to Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports, it fails with the error:
"Logon failed. Details: Unexpected error; nested exception is: java.net.UnknownHostException:https"
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Crystal Reports, and create a new report.
- In the "Database Expert", select Salesforce.com
- In the Salesforce.com window, enter the Salesforce.com sandbox url like: https://test.salesforce.com/, as well as the user name and password.
- When clicking "Finish", it fails to logon to the Salesforce.com Sandbox.
- Below are the list of potential reasons it fails to logon to the Salesforce.com Sandbox:
- Incorrect Salesforce.com credentials; or
- Omitted to add the Salesforce.com token to the password; or
- The computer where Crystal Reports is installed is outside the Salesforce.com allowed IP Address to connect to Salesforce.com from an externall application like Crystal Reports.
- Confirm you can successfully connect to the Salesforce.com Sandbox outside of Crystal Reports, in a web browser.
- If it fails, then request your Salesforce.com administrator the user name and password to connect to the Salesforce.com Sandbox.
- Confirm Crystal Reports can successfully connects to Salesforce.com using the url: https://login.salesforce.com, and if it fails:
- Ensure you have the Salesforce.com token added to the end of the password, or
- Ensure your computer IP Address is in the range of trusted IP Address for external application to connect to Salesforce.com
For information on how to add an IP Address to the Salesforce.com Trusted IP Range, or use the Salesforce Security Token, see the following SAP Knowledge Base Articles:
sforce, cr, salesforce.com sandbox , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011