You are creating a purchase order for the product A. When you enter the product A, system defaults the process type as Non-Stock. You expect the process type To-Stock.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product Data work center.
- Go to the Materials view.
- Select the relevant Material A.
- Go to the Logistics tab.
- You can see that one or few logistic areas are In Preparation status.
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks section.
- Select New Purchase Order.
- Enter the Material A.
- System defaults the Process Type to Non-Stock.
Not all the proposed logistics area are activated and there are a few logistics area which are left as In Preparation.
Logic: A Material is automatically assigned to the Process Type Non-Stock if one or several Logistics areas are not activated in the Product Data. If all the Logistics areas are activated , the Process Type for the material would automatically be filled as To-Stock.
Activate all the Logistics units/areas of the material and the corresponding Process Type in the purchase orders will be selected as To-Stock.
KBA , LOD-CRM-PRM , Promotions , How To