- Error: Not a valid query. (FWB 00025).
- When attempting to displays the next batch of objects, it sometimes generates an error.
- In Crystal Reports, when attempting to open a report and browsing the BusinessObjects Enterprise directory, it generates the error: Not a valid query. (FWB 00025).
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu “File”, select “Open”.
- In the “Open” window, select “Enterprise” on the left side, and logon to BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- This error occurs only when the last folder displayed in the "Open" window contains special characters, like the apostrophe character.
- The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01672642.
- The issue is resolved in the following product updates:
- Crystal Reports 2008:
- Fix Pack 5.5
- Fix Pack 6.1
- Service Pack 7
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 01
- If you cannot apply the above product updates, then to workaround the issue, remove the special characters from the BusinessObjects Enterprise folder names.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V0 ; Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011, feature pack 03 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013