How to reset the Customer Invoice Numbering sequence.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
- Select the sub activity Document Numbering Formats for Other Countries.
- For Company XYZ and and Prefix Value as ABC (XYZ represents the ID of the Company & ABC represents the ID of the Prefix Value).
- You want change the numbering sequence from XXX to YYY (XXX & YYY represents the invoicing sequence).
- However the sequence field is disabled and there is no possibility to change the sequence from frontend.
- Also there is no possibility to use the same prefix ABC with a new sequence.
The sequence of the Document Numbering Format cannot be changed if any document with this format has been created in the system. Also do not allow re-use of prefix due to duplicate number generation. This has been implemented according to legal requirements.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign. In this case the only option is to create a new prefix for new numbering.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To