You are entering time recordings for the project. With in the project, you have defined as No Approval Required for Time Recordings. But still time recordings are going for approval.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Select the relevant Project.
- You can see that, No Approval Required flag is set for Time Recordings.
- Go to the Time Administration work center.
- Go to the Employees view.
- Select the relevant Employee.
- Navigate to Employee Times.
- You can see that, time entries are still waiting for Approval.
The employee is assigned to the org unit XYZ and functional assignments for this unit is not defined. If the functional unit is not maintained for organization unit, time recording goes for approval even though the project task is maintained as 'No approval required'. This is the expected behavior.
If time recordings are not expected, you must define a functional unit for the relevant org unit under Organizational Management work center.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To