Your expectation is that upon uploading a bank statement containing the accurate customer/supplier IDs automatic payment allocations to customer/supplier-accounts based on the Rules for Analyzing Memo Lines (e.g.: Rule Type: 5 - Supplier) is happening.
However, payment allocations remain in status 'In Process' and no automatic allocation is executed.
Reproducing the Issue
You can access relevant payment allocations either in:
- Payment Management work center.
- Navigate to Payment Allocations view.
- Select the relevant payment allocation.
- or via the posted bank statement.
- Liquidity Management work center.
- Bank Statements view.
- Navigate to the relevant bank statement and edit.
- Follow the link Postprocessing required to access the relevant payment allocation.
For automatic payment allocations to customer/supplier account to happen there have to be relevant open payables/receivables, namely invoices, at the moment of the bank statement upload. The indication of a supplier/customer id in a bank statement transaction without potential candidate invoices for clearing is not considered strong enough to facilitate an automatic payment allocation to business partner.
Make sure that open invoices as candidate documents for clearing do exist for a suppliers/customer - account when uploading a bank statement an automatic allocation to customer/supplier accounts is expected.
KBA , payables , automatic , receivables , payment allocation , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To