You have created a supplier invoice (SIV) for a purchase order and post it without having created a goods and service receipt (GSR)before.
Later you create a GSR for this purchase order.
You notice that the system created a second version of your supplier invoice and are therefore wondering if the invoice has now been posted twice.
Reproducing the Issue
Create Supplier Invoice without goods receipt:
- In the Supplier invoicing workcenter navigate to the Invoice Entry view and select the respective purchse order. The invoicing status of the purchase order is Not Invoiced and the Delivery Status is Not Delivered.
- Click New Invoice.
- Maintain an invoice date and external document ID.
- Then click Check.
- An exception is raised as the GSR is missing. Click Show Exceptions and then choose Allow Post without Receipt Document.
- The supplier invoice with ID XXX is created.
Later you need to create a goods and service receipt for the purchase order:
- In the Goods and Sercice Receipts workcenter navigate to the Purchase Orders to Be Delivered: Show by Documents view.
- Select the respective purchase order and click New Goods and Service Receipt.
- Post the GSR.
You now notice that there exist two versions of your supplier invoice and you suspect that the invoice has been posted twice.
- In the General Ledger workcenter navigate to the Closing Cockpit: Source Documents view.
- Open the Advanced Search.
- In the Show field select All Source Documents.
- In the Related Source Document ID field maintain the supplier invoice ID XXX.
- In the Related Source Document Type field select 127-Supplier Invoice.
- Now two versions of your supplier invoice appear.
In general supplier invoice clearing is registered based on the goods and service receipt. Whenever a supplier invoice is posted without goods and service receipt then the clearing between the supplier invoice and goods receipt will be registered based on the supplier invoice data.
As soon as the goods and service receipt is posted a new mechanism, called Invoice Match Process, happens in order to register the clearing based on the GSR.
In this case, as the invoice has already been posted, the invoice match identifies the goods and service receipt and therefore marks the clearing registration based on the supplier invoice as zero in order to transfer the invoice confirmed quantity to the goods and service receipt based clearing registration.
Therefore the system creates an update/ a new version of the supplier invoice rather than a new posting.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To