The purchase request items contain attachments, however this is not shown under the paperclip icon in the object work list Purchase Requests.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the view Purchase Requests.
- Choose Show: Open Tasks.
- Mark the relevant purchase request and choose Edit.
- Go to the Items tab and then Attachments sub-tab.
- You can see some attachments.
The Object Work Lists in Business ByDesign are standard across the different business documents. The paperclip icon column only indicates if there are attachments on Header level.
For example, for Purchase Order, you have a tab Attachments on header level. If there is an attachment on header level, the paperclip icon column will indicate it. However if the attachment is on Item level only, there will be no indication.
On Purchase Requests, attachments are only on Item level. So the paperclip icon should be ignored or otherwise hidden in the Adaptation Mode.
This is the standard behavior of the software.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To