After GoLive you notice that the Migration tab of Fixed Assets can't be accessed anymore in your productive system.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Fixed Assets workcenter navigate to the Fixed Assets view
- Search for all Fixed Assets for which a Yes is marked in the Migrated Asset column.
- Select one of them and press Edit.
- You can only see the options General, Masterdata and Values.
- Also, when opening the Fixed Asset the Migration tab is missing.
In general the Migration tab is not visible after the system is Live.
If this tab was still enabled, a business user could edit the previously migrated data: They could reverse migration via the Reverse Migration button for instance. It is not advised to change anything related to Migration after GoLive as this could cause data inconsistencies.
Should you still need to access the Migration tab in Fixed Assets you can create a change project in your live system. After the merge the Migration tab will be enabled again:
- Create a New Change Project in the Business Configuration work center and open it's Activity List.
- In the new change project navigate to the Integrate and Extend phase activity called Migration of Accounting Transaction Data and select Add To Project.
- Close this activity.
- Merge the change project.
Now, this activity's status is Open. Therefore the Migration tab will be available in the Fixed Assets.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To